In current time, with the grows of viruses and malware, it is almost impossible to send exe files using email message, due to the fact that filters automatically flag an exe file as a dangerous file and block it.
Here I am going to show you a trick, method to send exe files from your computer to another location, using email, file upload and even social networks.
As a statement sending exe files in current time is something that blocked by the antivirus on the server side. This is due to all kind of malware that was, and still, send by hackers to try and infect people over the global.
If you need to send or receive exe files in your working office the best thing to do is to consult your system admin, or the IT admin to get the right methods to send and receive exe files.
This method can work on most of the sending files tools, include email, Facebook, and to upload exe file to a remote server. This method is an advanced one and it includes working with 2 tools and changing the exe file content.
Tools we use to compress the exe file:
WinRAR – We will need the WinRAR tool to be install on our system.
WinRAR can compress the file and also has some cool option regarding the inner file, the files that inside the archive.
Hex Edit – With an HEX editor we can change some information in the header of the file. We will also use it to restore the changes we made so that the file can be used.
You can use PSPad editor, it contain a HEX editor in it, and it free.
Step By Step:
Using WinRAR on the exe file:
- Install WinRAR on your computer.
- Right click the EXE file and select add to archive (under WinRAR)
- Optional Set your own name to the output RAR file.
- Press the Set Password button and set a password, also mark the Encrypt File Name.
- Compress the file.
Using HEX Edit:
- Open the RAR file that you create in the above section.
- Mark with your mouse the first 4 character – Rar! – and set them 00000000 ( another option is to change it to ‘hi, ‘).
- Save the file.
- Rename the file from rar to txt (file.rar -> file.txt)
- For stronger option you can rar the txt file again and use the output rar file (keep in mind that some servers block sending zip/rar files).
- You can now send the txt/rar file using email or upload it to a server.
Using HEX Edit to restore the file:
- If you archive the txt file again (5) please extract it with WinRAR.
- Open the txt file with HEX Edit, and set the first character to Rar! – The first R is capital( 00000 -> Rar!).
- Rename the txt file to rar (file.txt -> file.rar).
- Extract the file using your selected password.
This was one of the tricks that I use to transfer files to servers or by email when filter servers block my file.
The uploaded or send file will not be able to run or open.
You will need WinRAR and an HEX Editor on the target device to extract the exe file from the rar file
The post/article is provided “AS IS” without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose.
The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data, bad use with the information or any other reason.
The author, site owner, openport.net team are NOT responsible to the use of this information.