The following are some of the most popular and effective antivirus protection tools that are guaranteed to protect your computer from the malware types.
Antivirus Protection Tools
An antivirus is essentially a program that is created to remove and prevent viruses from spreading. However, in recent times malware is the term that is generally used to describe all sorts of malicious programs viruses being inclusive. There are different types of malware that pose a threat to computer systems today.
1. Norton antivirus
It is a popular antivirus the world over. Despite it being relatively expensive, it is one of the best when it comes to protection against computer viruses and malwares as a whole. Below are some of its pros and cons:
- It is compatible with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows10 and Windows Vista.
- It effectively blocks malware URLs.
- It is relatively easy to use.
- It has a new technology that can handle critical files that are corrupted.
- It has a favorable balance between security and scan speed.
- In the case of large malware, one is likely to spend more time on the phone with technological support.
- It is not available with more than 3 licenses.
- A few protection features are unavailable in the browsing mode of windows 8.
2. Bit defender internet security
It is an antivirus solution that is widely used. It comes with numerous features for protection, these include parental controls and a firewall. Below are some of its pros and cons:
- It is good for individuals who are parents.
- It has numerous additional tools.
- It has an attractive interface.
- It protects all online transactions.
- It is a bit expensive to purchase.
- Its navigation system is not quite intuitive.
- Most users prefer the free version.
- A few users complain that computers freeze when updates are pushed.
3. McAfee antivirus plus
This antivirus protection tools is said to offer a type of support that free antivirus packages are unable to beat. Below are some of its pros and cons:
- It is equipped with a rescue CD that is quite handy in times of crisis.
- It comes inclusive of a system tune up, file shredder and remote management.
- It is relatively easy to set up.
- When discontinued online, it tends to be relatively inexpensive.
- Its firewalls have holes.
- A user may spend significant time dealing with the technical support than desired.
- It may require the installation of an extra malware scanner.
- It does not allow subscription transfer between machines.
- CD rescue option is useless to those who lack optical drives.
4. Kaspersky internet security
It protects computers from malware threats in real time. Below are some of its pros and cons:
- Helps to secure internet shopping.
- It has a virtual keyboard that protects a user from key loggers.
- It helps parents limit and monitor their children’s internet usage.
- It offers real time protection.
- It can make some websites to lag.
- It is not freely available.
- It is difficult to schedule scans.
- It can potentially sow down system startup.
5. Panda antivirus
It has numerous robust features to offer maximum protection to your computer. Below are some of its pros and cons:
- It has a tile navigation system that makes things easy to find.
- It has numerous scan options.
- It tends to run silently in the background.
- It has a large antivirus database in the cloud.
- It has a vulnerability scanner that checks for missing patches and updates.
- It takes time to get the settings right.
- It needs a minimum of Pentium 300 MHz
- It lacks multiple options of purchasing extra licenses.
The above 5 antivirus protection tools will ensure that your computer is safe from malware, be smart use one!