In today world, when we all using mobile phone almost for most of our online activity free antivirus apps for Android is a must. To be safe and protected and to protect our information from our mobile while online. So in this article, we will give you brief information on 4 free antiviruses for your Android to use.
Technology today is swiftly progressing, surpassing one milestone after another. However, while the software and electronics industries are busy unraveling new technological feats each day, the act of malware advancement also continues to thrive. Malware, short for malicious software, is basically a set of codes created for the purpose of stealing your personal data or wreaking havoc to your device system.
For this very reason, anti-malware software is designed to combat all forms of malware online. Such apps are vital for the safety and protection of your online data. Antivirus or anti-malware software is built for all systems, including Android, macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, etc. In this article, we will focus on antivirus apps that are specifically meant for the Android operating system.
Below are a few of the best names in malware removal for Android devices:
1. Sophos Intercept X
This mobile app claims to provide the world’s best endpoint protection – that isn’t hard to believe considering the range of protection this app gives you for no price at all. Sophos Intercept X protects your device against malware, ransomware, exploitation, and viruses.
Its key features include:
- Deep Learning Technology: Built-in AI that automatically detects all kinds of malware without relying on the individual signature.
- Anti-Ransomware: Prevents file corruption, as well as conducts automatic file retrieval. Also studies and analyses behavioral patterns of ransomware in order to optimize protection.
- Endpoint Detection and Response: Fine-tunes security operations and scanning procedure.
- Exploitation Prevention: Foolproof measures to prevent hackers from stealing data and infiltrating safety and firewalls.
- Managed Threat Response: A live team with complete expertise in targeted response against malicious threats.
These features of the Sophos Intercept X ensure its reliability and expertise in its promise of Android protection.
However, the malware removal app does have its share of flaws. Most users have pointed out one common issue with the app: the user interface. There are complaints about how navigating in the app is a little tricky, especially for those who are using it for the first time. Other than that, the Sophos Intercept X malware removal app is true to its word when it comes to protecting Android devices.
2. Avast Antivirus
Released as far back as 1995, Avast Antivirus is a well trusted and highly reputable name when it comes to malware removal and antivirus software, which is why it also happens to be the first choice of over 400 million satisfied users. This internet security application is available on Android for free as well as for a premium version. The free version includes features such as:
- Virus Block: Fine detection of malware, ransomware, and viruses.
- Real-Time Threat Response: Advanced AI systematically blocks suspicious threats in real-time. Additionally, a threat affecting some users will automatically be blocked for all other Avast Antivirus network users.
- Fragile Wi-Fi Security Exposal: The built-in Wi-fi Inspector feature ensures both your private as well as public Wi-fi network is kept safe from external threats, such as weak router passwords, cyber intruders, and prevention of illegal access to your Wi-fi.
- Data Shield: Protects sensitive data files, personal photos, and contact details from uncertified apps.
The cons of this app include in-app ads. Due to being registered as a free app, the Avast Antivirus includes ads that may result in untimely and frequent interruptions. Another potential issue is that the app requires multiple permissions for access to various parts of the Android device, which may be a worrying aspect for some.
3. Bitdefender Free Antivirus
Bitdefender Free Antivirus is an award-winning app that is lightweight and works without exhausting system resources. What sets it apart from other antivirus apps is that it constantly updates its antivirus arsenal; this ensures that it will keep your Android device safe from even the latest malware threats online.
The key features of Bitdefender Free Antivirus are:
- Cloud Scanning: This feature makes use of in-the-cloud scanning technology which equips Android devices with the very latest in virus detection tech without downloading virus signatures directly onto the device. This feature guarantees little to no effect on internal storage.
- Low Battery Impact: The app leads to a series of security scans and installs anti-malware apps and updates without draining the mobile battery or causing any interference in the network running.
- Malware Detection: The use of scanning engines that are certified to catch nearly 99% of malicious threats and malware that attack the Android system.
However, the Bitdefender Free Antivirus lacks any additional tools; this means that it does not include a VPN or anti-theft tools.
Malwarebytes is a free virus scanning and protection app that actively works to remove malicious data, files, and websites that may be adversely affecting your Android device. It also removes apps that may not necessarily classify as malware but is designed to slow down your device’s function or impede its general performance.
Malwarebytes’ best features are:
- Endpoint Protection: Prevents any possible cyber-attacks by implementing improved security on endpoints; this includes employing dynamic strategies at each vital stage of the chain.
- Endpoint Detection and Response: Incorporates EDR with general defense measures; this warrants not only alerting users of a malware attack but also instantly activating the defense mechanism.
- Malware Recognition: Recognizes online phishing schemes in emails, unopened links, and suspicious file extensions.
Despite having a top-notch collection of features, the Malware Bytes app is not available to Chromebook users as of yet. Also, the additional tools are only open to premium users, whereas the free version does not have similar features.
The software industry is chock full of first-class anti-malware and antivirus software. There is a multitude of excellent options to choose from.
However, picking the apps featured in this article will guarantee that you will be able to effectively protect your Android device from all sorts of malware using the right kind of app. We would suggest going over the pros and cons of each app mentioned above and choosing whichever one appeals to you the most.